Thinking within the logic of Beta, one cannot help but becoming somewhat critical of seminars and “trainings”.
We all have experienced, one way or another (often through the dreadful reality of trainings and conferences), that profound insight and learning are unlikely to happen within mandatory, authoritarian, teacher-dominated, classroom-bound, and knowledge-accentuating settings and contexts. Which is why trainings (and, to a large degree, elearning) are among the worst, most ineffective vessels for producing relevant personal learning and organizational development.
Learning formats that work
In line with this reasoning, we offer a wide range of Beta-related alternatives to “trainings-as-you-know-them”. For instance:
- Online resources for your personal learning and, in the future, as a core for acquiring BetaCodex certifications. These resources include the BetaCodex Network white papers and slide sets, articles, videos, and audio publications.
- BetaCodex Meetups – local ones and virtual ones.
- Books. We believe in them. You find a carefully curated list of book recommendations here.
- Haptic learning bundles, which include resources such as books, booklets, posters, work sheets, card sets and more. Red42 has been the first company to develop quite a few of these.
- BetaCodex thought clinics & workshops – public and in-company – for both groups and organizations. Usually delivered in a highly collaborative “thought clinic” format – without fixed agenda, without power point or lecturing. Clinics and workshops also play a supporting role in our certifications.
- Sessions & speaking at conferences – as interactive and reflection-focused as the client, organizer and format allow. One might call this “keynote workshops”
- Open source social technologies derived from the BetaCodex that you should learn about and make use of, are OpenSpace Beta and Cell Structure Design, to name just two.
- Knowledge conferences based on Open Space Technology – for existing communities and organizations.
- Tandem meetings – a highly informal and inviting format for use within organizations.
How, then, does one acquire the Beta way of thinking & acting?
We believe that there is only one way to learn, or acquire the Beta mindset:
It is through acquiring the theories and distinctions necessary for solving all relevant problems you may encounter in your work.
Simple, isn´t it?
Our certifications will, in the future, provide a specific, structured way of getting into the Beta mindset.