We believe that there is only one way to learn, or acquire the Beta mindset: Through acquiring the theories and distinctions necessary for solving all relevant problems you may encounter in your work. It's simple as that.
Thinking within the logic of Beta, one cannot help but becoming somewhat critically about seminars, certifications and “trainings”. We all have experienced, one way or another (often through the dreadful reality of training programs and conferences), that profound insight and learning are unlikely to happen within mandatory, authoritarian, teacher-dominated, classroom-bound, and knowledge-accentuating settings and contexts. Which is why trainings (and, to a large degree, elearning) are sadly among the most ineffective vessels for producing relevant personal learning and organizational development. In line with this reasoning, we offer a wide range of Beta-related alternatives to “trainings-as-you-know-them”, which we are giving an overview of on this page.
For your personal learning
- Online resources. This community is open source and it shares content deliberately. Use that content for your personal learning – and share it freely. This includes resources
- you find on this website, e.g. the BetaCodex Network research papers, all episodes of BetaCodex LIVE, an extensive set of articles, videos and audio resources.
- you can find elsewhere, such as on our curated YouTube channel, on the Red42 website or the Alinbu website.
- Books. We believe in the book, and in reading books as a human superpower. You find a carefully curated list of book recommendations on this website.
- Get connected, get updated, stay connected:
Beyond this website, we have a wide range of social media and web presences beyond this website for you to stay updated:
- LinkedIn group with over 2300 members: This is our main news board and forum for public online exchange
- LinkedIn page – used as an announcement board
- YouTube channel - carefully curated and updated, featuring new videos every week
- Mastodon: international account, also in German and in Portuguese
- BlueSky: international ccount
- X (formerly: Twitter): international account, also in German, in Portuguese
- Facebook page
- Slack group with approx. 800 members – used less for public and more for work-related interaction, as well as for messaging
- Helpful products can be acquired through our partners. This includes books, booklets, posters and learning bundles. You can find an overview of products on this website. You can buy products in different languages straight from the Red42 web shop.
- Get involved in the network’s projects. Research projects run by the network’s membership are the core of the network’s activity. But there are other projects in the network as well which you can contribute to. You are invited to join these projects, or suggest and create new ones!
- Clubs. Informal online gatherings that allow for concentrated, focused conversation.
Clubs are hosted by a member of the network, participation is free of charge and open to anyone. The clubs that we have run are currently on pause, but may be revitalized at any point:
- BetaCodex Book Club; Here, new business books are discussed, in the light of BetaCodex theory and practice. Participants read the book in question prior to the online session. You can find out about the BookClub through the LinkedIn Group, or initiate a book club session yourself.
- BetaCodex Binge Club: Here, TV documentaries, movies and series are discussed – as related to Beta practice, the BetaCodex community and topics. The club is curated and hosted by a network member. You can find out about the #BingeClub through the LinkedIn Group.
For teams & organizations
- BetaCodex thought clinics & workshops – public and in-company – for groups large and small and for entire organizations. Usually delivered in a highly collaborative “thought clinic” format – without fixed agenda, without power point or lecturing. Several BetaCodex associates will be happy to assist you with this.
- Courses and masterclasses are offered by several BetaCodex associates are also a great learning option. These learning formats provide a structured way of getting into the Beta mindset.
- Impulse sessions & speaking at conferences are offered by several of our associates. Such sessions may be as interactive and reflection-focused as the client, organizer and format allow. Ideally, one might call this kind of format “keynote workshops”
- Online small group-based learning, as provided by qomenius – a learning provider founded by BetaCodex Network associates Silke Hermann and Niels Pflaeging. This kind of approach highly scalable and self-organized – in line with BetaCodex principles. You can try the qomenius approach to learning for free.
- Social technologies derived from the BetaCodex are a way to make Beta a reality in your organization or in client organizations.
- OpenSpace Beta – a BetaCodex approach to Very Fast Organizational Transformation
- Cell Structure Design – a BetaCodex approach to organizational design and structure
- Relative Targets – a BetaCodex approach to performance systems
Red42 regularly offers Quick Start short courses around these approaches.
- Knowledge conferences based on OpenSpace Technology – for existing communities and organizations. These can be set up and run for you by BetaCodex associates, if you wish.
- Advice and consulting support, which is offered by several associates and their companies.