Since its foundation in 2008, the BetaCodex movement has been taking part in “a severe contest between intelligence, which presses forward, and an unworthy, timid ignorance obstructing our progress”, in organizations and within our societies.
Beta is for every organization. And it is for everyone. Building upon the pioneering work of the Beyond Budgeting Round Table (BBRT) between 1999 and 2007, this network is different: It does not promote tools, or solutions, or frameworks, but a coherent “system of systems” concept that you are free to acquire for yourself and for your organization through learning.
Beta is a way of thinking & acting that is free to use and in line with modern democracy. Though counter-intuitive to most at first, once acquired, it turns simple. The challenge, then, is to achieve mastery at thinking & acting in a Beta way. Which is where this network comes into play:
- Our network focuses on helping to achieve the Necessary Organizational Renaissance, not just on talking.
- The network is open source, it is inclusive, it is federative, it is non-commercial – instead of secretive, excluding and income-oriented.
- It provides not just questions, but answers – based on a wide array of disciplines, research, theory & pioneering cases.
In short: This network cares about action and about getting actual transformation(s) done
This network cares about improving the world of work and organizations – today, not tomorrow! This network is taking Beta, or the BetaCodex, to a new level, by making it real. Join on your own terms: Here is the invitation.
You are a member of another movement, such as Agile, Lean, Total Quality or Beyond Budgeting? Then check out our principles below, and see if you can feel at home within Beta, too! We do not believe in primitive tribalism, but in building a movement of movements to make work & organizations better. Our work belongs to everyone.
The BetaCodex: A coherent set of 12 laws for organizing in today’s Beta world
Beta is the organizational way of thinking & acting that is fit for complex markets & fit for human beings.
It is articulated through an indivisible set of 12 laws, or principles:
- Team autonomy: Connectedness with purpose, not dependency
- Federalization: Integration into cells, not division into silos
- Leaderships: Self-organization, not management
- All-around success: Comprehensive fitness, not mono-maximization
- Transparency: Flow intelligence, not power obstruction
- Market orientation: Relative Targets, not top-down prescription
- Conditional income: Participation, not incentives
- Presence of mind: Preparation, not planned economy
- Rhythm: Tact & groove, not fiscal-year orientation
- Mastery-based decision: Consequence, not bureaucracy
- Resource discipline: Expedience, not status-orientation
- Flow coordination: Value-creation dynamics, not static allocations
(2018 version). Our hashtag: #betacodex
Learn more about the BetaCodex here!
You can use the following visuals about the BetaCodex in your work. Share and use the visuals freely, in accordance to our open source license!